Pane Cafone (Country Man's Bread)

Pane Cafone (Country Man's Bread)

Friday, October 9, 2009

Florida Friendship Bread?

I've never seen any Amish in Florida but this latest batch of Amish Friendship Bread has a tropical Florida bent to it.  I have a night time 200K bike ride coming up this weekend so I thought I would make something for the other riders with a tropical flavor to take along for the ride.

I took the standard Amish Friendship Bread recipe and went just a little wild on it by adding 1/2c of shredded coconut,  3oz of macadamia nuts, 1/2 can of crushed pineapple and just when I thought I was done, I noticed 2 bananas on my counter top that looked like they had just a day or two of useful life left in them so they got smushed up and tossed in also.

Aloha


Instead of baking all this in 2 standard loaf pans, which would make serving a little more difficult on a bicycle, I opted to make individual loaves for everyone on the ride.
 Each loaf before baking was 260 g


A handful of tropical paradise


I split one of these with Ms Donna and she came back and told me that I don't need to be sharing these with anyone, and wanted to know where I put the rest of them.  I'll take that as a "yes these are pretty darn tastee" response.

No comments:

Post a Comment