Pane Cafone (Country Man's Bread)

Pane Cafone (Country Man's Bread)

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My sourdough baking is about to get more interesting

A new friend, Dr. G, on the Yahoo sourdough group I belong to sent me some starters to try. 
  1. Richard Packham San Francisco sourdough starter circa 1965
  2. Russian starter from Sourdough International
  3. Black Lagoon (insert scary music here)
  4. 1847 Oregon Trail starter ( I already have some of this but it's always good to have a spare back up.

Some of these sound real interesting such at "Black Lagoon" which is a combination of 7 different starters.   Who knows what it's going to turn out like.  Sounds like a good batch to try for Halloween.

I decided to activate the Black Lagoon 1st and so far it's activating just fine.  I added one tablespoon of dried starter to one tablespoon each of flour and warm water and let it sit on the counter over night to soften up. This morning I started the feeding process and it's starting to come out of hibernation nicely.  
It, it, it's alive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment